3D-Model with fire particles and ”glowing firewood” shader. Created using Unreal Engine.
Object Placer DX (Maya Tool)
A Maya tool for placing out props and other objects. Select a prop and load it into the tool, then click other objects to raycast the objects to that position. The UI was built using QT-designer. The tool is coded mostly in pymel and Openmaya.
- Choose between single and multi-object placement.
- Set number of objects to be placed as well as the area size.
- Automatic collision detection! User can set how far from each other the objects are allowed to be.
- Ignores backfaces. Can be used to raycast into interiors.
- General raycasting. No need to define targets. Works against any mesh.
- Randomize object scale. Set min/max values for X, Y and Z.